South Sudan’s conflicting parties have reached consensus on a final peace deal draft expected to be signed in Khartoum on August 27“We are expected to sign with initial letters on a comprehensive peace agreement next Monday,” South Sudan’s Information Minister and government spokesman Michael Makuei told Xinhua news agency on Wednesday.“The parties have overcome most of the issues of differences which we discussed during the third round of South Sudan’s peace talks starting in Khartoum on August 13,” he noted.He said the current round of talks discussed issues that were not resolved in the framework and the power-sharing and security arrangements agreements.“We have discussed issues relating to powers of the vice presidents, formation of the committees responsible for formulating the constitution, the judiciary committee and the number of the states and their borders,” said Makuei.Next week’s comprehensive deal will be complementary to the previous two agreements and include resolutions of outstanding issues that had not been resolved before.On August 5th, the parties signed a deal on power-sharing and security arrangements. The third round of peace talks started on August 13 to discuss the outstanding issues relating to powers of the president and vice presidents, representation in the judicial authority, revision of the number of the states and naming new ministries.Related FILE South Sudan parliament ratifies peace deal South Sudan president signs peace deal South Sudan crisis: Peace deal unlikely
Share Share Share LocalNewsPolitics DLP and UWP Debate Red Clinic by: – November 18, 2019 Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit (left) and Political Leader of the United Workers Party, Lennox Linton (right)The United Workers Party has declared that if elected, it would end the Rapid Response Social Recovery Agency previously the Public Assistance Programme, commonly known as Red Clinic.The programme has been defined as an avenue through which individuals can seek support directly from the Hon Prime Minister.The Hon Finance Minister, Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit has listed as an example, individuals needing urgent cash for medical treatment overseas.He says it is designed to avoid the time-consuming bureaucracy of such processes and is reflective of his open-door policy.United Workers Party leader, Lennox Linton, says the practice is degrading and he will discontinue it if elected.“This business of standing up in a line, to go and beg a minister or Prime Minister for $20 or $100 or $1000, is beneath the dignity of our people and it comes to an end on the 6th of December 2019,” Linton declared.“No politician should believe that they can appropriate unto themselves the right or the privilege of degrading the human person- the human that God put to live on His earth with dignity, with pride, with heads held high. It’s time to stop it.”The Hon Prime Minister in January this year issued a statement objecting to the view that people are begging. He said that opinion is wrong and offensive. He also revealed that those meetings often range from employment to hurricane recovery to education as well as ideas for improving community and national governance.This past weekend in Salybia, Honorable Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said Linton’s decision is selfish.“When a man who wants to be Prime Minister is saying to you and us that when or if he becomes Prime Minister, he will close his office to the people of Dominica, that is a serious matter.“The man is not even pretending to like people,he’s not even pretending to love people, he is not even pretending to care about people. He is telling you bold face, ‘No! when I come, finish with that.’ What’s going to happen to you? What’s going to happen to your children?”Of his Government he added, “We are doing these things for you my friends.” Tweet 346 Views 3 comments Sharing is caring!
Parkway vs. Calvary Baptist (girls)Perfect-Dating.comAre You Ready to Meet Cool Guys in Tung Chung?Perfect-Dating.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndoNews gadgetThis watch takes the whole country by storm! it’s price? Ridiculous!News gadget|SponsoredSponsoredUndoTheTopFiveVPNThe Trick Netflix Doesn’t Want You To Know To Unlock RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPN|SponsoredSponsoredUndoTheTopFiveVPNThe Secret Netflix Doesn’t Want You To Know To Unblock RestrictionsTheTopFiveVPN|SponsoredSponsoredUndoAspireAbove.comRemember Abby from NCIS? Take A Deep Breath Before You See How She Looks NowAspireAbove.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndoCelebsland.com9 Celebrity Before-And-After Plastic Surgery DisastersCelebsland.com|SponsoredSponsoredUndo Parkway at Southwood Here is a list of boys and girls basketball games that were scheduled for tonight involving parish schools. Airline at Haughton Because of anticipated severe weather tonight, all Bossier Parish after-school activities and sporting events have been canceled. The Parkway-Southwood games have also been rescheduled for Saturday. The girls game will start at 4 and be followed by the boys. Wossman at Bossier Bossier vs. Little Cypress (boys) The Airline-Haughton games have been rescheduled for Saturday. The girls game will start at 4 p.m. and be followed by the boys. The Benton-Shreve games have been rescheduled for Saturday night. The girls game will start at 6 and be followed by the boys. Plain Dealing at Lakeview The Wossman-Bossier games have been rescheduled for Saturday. The girls game will start at 4:30 and be followed by the boys. Here is a list of soccer matches that were scheduled for tonight. Benton at Captain Shreve The school board posted the announcement on its website just before noon. North DeSoto vs. Benton (boys)